Valerie offers training; research; individual, group, and organisational coaching related to Indigenous science. This includes university teaching, professional development, commissioned and collaborative research, healing, conflict resolution, organisational wellbeing, community-building and cross-cultural relations work. The Earth Ethos holistic approach respects the needs of individuals and communities, human and non-human.
A five-part Indigenous Science Dialogue series is freely available on the Earth Ethos YouTube channel. Past presentation and workshop topics have included:
- An Introduction to Indigenous Science
- Indigenous Science & Research Ethics
- Indigenous Science Research Methods
- The Indigenous Science of Governance & Leadership
- Space for space-holders: A healing circle for counsellors and psychologists
- An Indigenous Science Approach to Trauma Healing
- “Evidence-based” research & policy
- Research Rigour: Discerning which “evidence” to trust
- Cultural Competence isn’t Culturally Strong
- Making Data Sovereignty Practical
- Co-Design, Empowerment & Participatory Action Research
- Traditional Knowledge, Intellectual Property & Indigenous Science
- Conflict Resolution & Culture
Please contact us with questions and interest in working together.